We consider you a partner in your hospital care. When you are well-informed, participate in treatment decisions and communicate openly with your doctor and other health professionals, you help make your care as effective as possible. This hospital encourages respect for the personal preferences and values of each individual.
For your safety, your room assignment is based on your admitting diagnosis and the type of nursing care you will need during your stay.
- Our nursing staff will be attentive to your needs. Should you need a nurse, a call button is located at the bedside. Nursing personnel will show you how the call button works so you can ask for assistance.
- Your room also has an intercom at the bedside. This enables you to speak directly with the nurse at the nurses’ station.
- For your safety and assistance, an emergency call button is located in your bathroom.
Rochelle Community Hospital asks that you have all valuables and personal belongings sent home with family members or friends. The hospital cannot assume responsibility for loss or damage to any personal belongings or valuables you may choose to keep with you.
When needed, there is a procedure to have personal items placed in safekeeping until you are discharged. Contact the nurse if you have items you want to be held in the safe.
- Nutritious, well-balanced meals are an important part of your treatment and recovery.
- The Food Service Department will provide you with nutritious meals consistent with your diet orders as requested by your physician.
- A Registered Dietitian is on staff and available for consultation and instruction if you are on a therapeutic diet or have special needs.
Patients are served:
Breakfast: 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
Lunch: 11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Dinner: 4:45 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.
Bedtime Snacks: 8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Occasionally your meal may be delayed if you are scheduled for special tests or treatments. You will be served after your examination, test or surgery.
Guest Meal: You may like to have a family member or friend eat in your room with you. Arrangements can be made for our Food Service Staff to deliver a delicious, reasonably priced guest meal to your room.
Cafeteria: The Cafeteria is located in the basement of the hospital and serves nutritious meals to our staff and visitors.
Monday – Friday
Continental Breakfast: 6:45 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Lunch: 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Dinner 5:00 p.m. – 6:15 p.m.
Weekends & Holidays
Lunch: 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Dinner: 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
The Food Service Staff also offers hot and cold tea, as well as coffee, free of charge for guests and employees during normal serving hours.
Vending machines are located in the Cafeteria and are accessible during normal Cafeteria serving hours. Additional vending machines are located across from the Patient Access area outside the Emergency Department and are available 24 hours a day.
Family and friends who are waiting to see surgical patients may stay in the Waiting Room on the second floor, the Meditation Room on the first floor or the Cafeteria in the basement.
Every patient bed at Rochelle Community Hospital has a telephone assigned to it. Your telephone extension number is the same as your bed or room number. For example, if your room number is 206-2 then your telephone extension number would be 2062.
Placing calls from the Patient Room:
You may place a local call from your phone at any time. In order to access an outside line, dial “8,” then “1,” then the area code and local number you wish to call. Long distance calls may only be made by using one of two methods:
Credit card calls can be made by dialing 8-0, then the number that you are calling. When using this method, do not pause after you have dialed 8-0. If you do, your call will not be completed. You cannot dial an outside operator directly; the system is programmed not to allow this.
Collect calls may be made by using the same procedure as above.
If you are not able to place the above calls yourself, you may receive assistance from the hospital operator. To reach the hospital operator, dial “0” on your phone.
Family and friends may call you via one of two methods:
- They can reach you by dialing 815-562-2181 and telling the hospital operator your name or by asking them to connect to your extension.
- Callers may also dial 815-562-2181 and then enter your number when the automated attendant answers. Extensions may be dialed as soon as the automated attendant answers and the recording starts.
Incoming calls to patient areas will be restricted during the time period from 10:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m. This is done to assure that patients receive the rest that is needed for their recovery.
Rochelle Community Hospital provides FREE wireless Internet Access from anywhere within the hospital. We provide a non-secure 802.11b “HotSpot” with a broadcast SSID of RCH-Public. Contact Information Systems at ext. 1542 (Help Desk) if you have questions.