Preparing for an Appointment
Make the most of your visit to Rochelle Community Hospital by being prepared for your appointment. Listed are steps to consider prior, during and after your visit.
Prior to your visit
- Make a list of questions and concerns. Be sure to list your most important questions first to ensure they get answered.
- Make a list of all the medications you are currently taking. This includes drugs (prescription and non-prescription), vitamins and natural remedies.
- Ask a friend or family member to accompany you to your appointment. This individual will be an extra set of ears and can offer support.
During your visit
- Discuss any recent health changes, symptoms and list of current medications. Communicate to the nurse or doctor how you feel when the symptoms arise and if you have experienced any recent health changes.
- Ask questions. Be sure to ask your most important questions first.
- Take notes. This will help you remember everything the doctor says. Be sure to take note of all of the doctor’s suggestions.
- Be honest. When answering the doctor’s questions, do not leave anything out in terms of diet, sexual activity or substance use because you’re embarrassed; your nurse or doctor has probably heard it before.
- Schedule a follow-up appointment if necessary.
After your visit
- Follow the doctor’s advice.
- Report any problems with medication.
- Contact the doctor if your condition persists or worsens.
- Keep your follow-up appointment.
For more information on preparing for surgery and anesthesia, click here.