Medication with a Healthy Dose of Comfort
Patients seeking safe, comfortable, convenient, quality infusion therapy can visit the Outpatient Infusion Room at Rochelle Community Hospital.
Getting medications or other treatments, such as blood through an IV or shots, no longer require a hospital stay. The Infusion Room allows patients to have their treatment and return home the same day. Patients are now able to receive their medications and treatments within minutes from their home. Less time spent on traveling means more time spent with loved ones.
- Chemotherapy administration
- Disconnect chemotherapy pumps
- Blood and blood product transfusions
- Electrolyte replacement (Hydration)
- SQ/IM injections
- Procrit and Granix injections
- Tysabri and Ocrevus infusions
- Iron therapy
- Antibiotic therapy
- Thrombolytic therapy
- RhoGAM therapy
- Rabies vaccine series
- IV Immunoglobulin
- Prolastin (alpha-1-protein inhibitor) therapy
- Vancomycin dosing per inpatient Pharmacy
- Phlebotomy from Venous Access Devices
- Maintenance/management of Central Venous Access Devices
- Dressing changes of wound, central lines, PICCs and midlines
- Port-A-Cath access (for patients with long-term needs)
- Therapeutic phlebotomy
- Other services as indicated
Treatment has been streamlined so the patient simply goes straight to the Infusion Room to register, receive treatment, lab work and anything else required during their visit. Currently, the Infusion Room is staffed with Certified Registered Nurses specifically trained in Chemo/Infusion therapies who work closely with physicians.
Utilizing state-of-the-art equipment and advanced technology, we treat our patients safely and efficiently. We provide service with competency and compassion to ensure the patient has an outstanding experience while recognizing each patient as an individual with unique needs.
Our outpatient infusion services area is located on the first floor and it is beautifully decorated with the comforts of a comfortable recliner or chair. We also offer a room that is equipped with a bed for longer infusions or for individuals who are unable to tolerate sitting in a recliner. We provide blankets, pillows and a food menu. You may watch T.V., read books/magazines, take a nap or just relax in a quiet dimmed room in a comfortable recliner. You are welcome to bring any item to help you pass the time. During this time, an experienced infusion nurse will closely monitor your therapy, while reviewing health information, answering questions, providing education/information and helping alleviate fears. Keeping you relaxed and providing excellent care while you are undergoing infusion therapy is our top priority.
- A friend or family member, especially the first treatment, who can take notes, provide support and drive you home. Please do not bring young children.
- A list of current medications, any medications you normally take during the day (for pain, diabetes or blood pressure, for example).
An Oncologist from OSF Saint Anthony Health Center for Cancer Care sees patients weekly at Rochelle Community Hospital’s Multi-Specialty Clinic. In addition, anyone needing an infusion or injection can use this room. We only need a signed physician order with diagnosis, as well as history and physical forms and any pertinent lab results prior to treatment.