RCH Hosts Free Alzheimer’s Association Caregiver Class
Are you a caregiver for a family member who has Alzheimer's disease or another, related dementia?
Does that person live at home? Are you looking for ways to increase your knowledge and confidence in this role?
The Alzheimer’s Association will be offering a SAVVY Caregiver Class at Rochelle Community Hospital. This FREE six week class meets on Mondays starting July 10 through Monday, August 14. The class meets from 6:30-8:30 p.m. in the RCH Training Room.
What is a Savvy Caregiver?
This program is designed to equip family members and others for the caregiving role. Developed by the University of Minnesota, the classes will help you gain:
* A better understanding of dementia.
* The skills to assess the abilities of the person with dementia.
* The confidence to set and alter caregiving goals.
* Strategies to manage the day-to-day care of the person with dementia, including personal care.
* The skills to take better care of yourself.
* Tips on how to build a positive relationship with healthcare professionals.
Savvy Caregiver is designed for family caregivers of individuals with Alzheimer's who continue to live at home (not in a residential care setting).
Registration is required. To register or if you have any questions about the class, please call Sue at 815-484-1300 at the Alzheimer’s Association.
Monthly Support Group
RCH offers a family caregivers support group on the first Monday of every month at 7 p.m. in the RCH Auxiliary Room. We encourage and support each other as family caregivers. Questions about the monthly support group can be directed to Cathy at 815-757-8429.
RCH Marketing & Public Relations Coordinator