RCH Celebrates Certified Nurses Day March 19
ROCHELLE, IL—Rochelle Community Hospital is celebrating Certified Nurses Day, March 19th by honoring its board certified nurses. The following nurses are being recognized for their professionalism, leadership, and commitment to excellence in patient care:
- Pauline Drews, CRNI, Certified Registered Nurse Infusion
- Pauline Drews, RN
- Colette Eckhardt, RN
- Denise McDermott, RN
- Esther Schippers, RN, Certification in Biotherapy/Chemotherapy
- Janet Lodico, CEN, Certified Emergency Nurse
- Bridget Meier, CCRN, Critical Care Registered Nurse (Medical/Surgical)
- Advanced Practice Nurses/Family Nurse Practitioners:
- Marilyn Balch, APN, CNP (Ashton Family Health Center)
- Katherine Coulter, APN, FNP-BC (FastCare Clinic)
- Suzanne Holland, APN, FNP-BC (FastCare Clinic)
- Sara Lyons, APN, FNP-BC (FastCare Clinic)
- Jessica Peck, APN, FNP-BC (FastCare Clinic)
- Sara Twardowski, APN, FNP-BC (Rochelle Medical Group)
- Lucinda Zoeller, APN, CNP (On the Go Healthcare Clinic)
Board Certification of nurses plays an increasingly important role in the assurance of high standards of care for patients and their loved ones. Nursing, like health care in general has become increasingly complex. While a registered nurse (RN) license provides entry to general nursing practice, the knowledge-intensive requirements of modern nursing require extensive education, as well as a strong personal commitment to excellence by the nurse.
Rochelle Community Hospital encourages national board certification for all its nurses. Patients are encouraged to inquire whether there are certified nurses on staff when they visit a hospital or their primary care provider. There are many nursing certification specialties such as medical-surgical, pediatric, pain management, cardiac vascular, oncology, hospice, case management, emergency nursing, critical care and many others. Many nursing certification bodies exist to serve the full range of specialized nursing care offered in the contemporary health care system; national nurse-certifying bodies should be accredited by either the Accreditation Board of Specialty Nursing Certification (ABSNC) or the National Organization for Competence Assurance (NOCA), or both.
Please join Rochelle Community Hospital and the nation’s national nursing certification organizations in honoring those hardworking, dedicated nurses for their professionalism, and a job well done!
RCH Marketing/Public Relations Coordinator