Rochelle’s Urgent Care has been expanded and is now RCH Convenient Care.
With more hours in a different location, RCH Convenient Care offers a worry-free alternative to the emergency room. When medical treatment is necessary, it’s important to determine your best source for care. RCH Convenient Care can satisfy your need for minor illnesses, sprains and wounds requiring stitches without an appointment.
Do you have fever, aches or chills?
The flu can mask itself with a number of symptoms, which may be different for each person. Those who are elderly or pregnant, as well as young children, are especially vulnerable to the flu. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, look to RCH Convenient Care to get you on the mend fast.
- Body Aches
- Sore Throat
- Stuffy/Runny Nose
Is your ankle sprained or broken?
Sprains of any kind can be painful. If you have twisted your foot or ankle, immediately apply the R.I.C.E. treatment.
- Rest your injured limb. Try to avoid putting weight on it for 48 hours.
- Ice the injured area. Do this in 15- to 20-minute increments for the next couple of days.
- Compress the area with a bandage.
- Elevate the limb above your heart to avoid swelling.
If your sprain does not get better within 2-3 days after the injury or if you are unable to put any weight on the injury due to pain, consult your physician because medical attention might be required.
Do you need stitches?
A healthcare professional should determine if your wound needs stitches. Not closing an open laceration properly can risk infection. Seek medical attention for cuts that are:
- Deep, jagged or gaping
- You are a diabetic
- Located on the face or another part of the body where scarring may be an issue
- Bleeding profusely, without stopping, after 20 minutes of direct pressure
- Due to bites by an animal or human
- Resulting in numbness